Marymount University (May 2015)
Major: Communication || Minor: Graphic Design
University Advancement, Marymount University
Communications Coordinator (2014-2015)
Communications Student Assistant (2012-2014)
- Provided photographic coverage for 200+ events, editorial, marketing purposes, and portraits
- Created content and managed social media community for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Guided student organizations and offices on social media strategy and creative projects
- Served as principal member of the marymount.edu redesign group as the student voice
The White House
Media Affairs Intern (2015)
- Monitored and compiled daily clip summaries from regional print, digital, and broadcast outlets.
- Researched and created daily clip summaries from 60 different specialty constituent outlets
- Increased and improved media contacts by researching new outlets and updating existing lists
- Organized and led weekly discussions between interns and White House officials.
- Served first point of contact for phone and email inquiries
- Processed press requests for on-complex events, travel events, and daily briefing access.
Order of the Arrow, Boy Scouts of America
Creative Services Lead (2013-2015)
- Designed or edited 300+ graphics for digital and print campaigns in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Developed work-flow process for creative requests from internal and external teams
- Interfaced with volunteers to contribute photos and videos for editorial use in email campaigns
Office of Admissions, Marymount University
Student Ambassador (2013-2015)
- Led tours of up to 50 guests (prospective students, parents, alumni, visitors)
- Executed large mailing projects
- Assisted and directed callers to the Admissions Office and main University phone numbers
- Engaged with prospective students and families at open houses and hosted overnight visits
Office of Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro
- Fielded inquiries from visitors to the Congresswoman’s Washington office.
- Assisted and directed callers to the appropriate staff or added to database accordingly.
- Wrote first drafts of press releases and media advisories.
- Researched topics as needed by legislative staff.
The Banner, student newspaper
Art Director (2013-2014)
- Redesigned layout, visual assets, and brand of student newspaper
- Created engaging, innovative layout for monthly print editions using Adobe InDesign
- Managed team of photographers and assisted in management of writing staff
- Edited article copy with the Editor-in-Chief and Advisor